Friday, October 26, 2007

MTV Ad in Sweden

I wish I could explain how funny this is to me. If you do not understand Swedish, you might imagine what Johannes is saying in light of the clear disgust he displays. The fact that this is on ordinary TV in Sweden makes it that much more liberating for somebody who has grown up within the prim and austere confines of the regulating and strangling FCC. Mind you, I am not in favor of unnecessary profanity on TV, but being treated like an adult with the expectation that we act like one in return, even as a 14- or 16-year-old, always provides a great sense of dignity and self-worth.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Hehehe. That is pretty darn amusing. Johannes Brost, det var lange sedan jag sag honom pa teve. Oy. Pete, just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your blog. Don't always have the time to write a comment, but I enjoy your postings so much!

Pete Eriksson said...

Thanks!

Write when you have a chance and let me how things are going.